Coaching provides a unique opportunity to help you achieve and sustain the results you truly care about! But what do you do when your schedule is just crazier than ever and you spend more time at airports and hotels than at the office? Online Coaching via Skype or GoToMeeting conference can help.
Here is how you know whether it's for you:
- Ask your coach to set up the initial online meeting for free. Coaching is a matter of trust, you shouldn't be made to buy the cat in the bag.
- Make sure you get all the technical issues squared away right from the beginning. You don't want to waste precious coaching time over this later on.
- Is the bandwidth, video and sound quality sufficient on both sides? Breaks during a coaching can be desired, but not when they are forced due to internet break-downs.
- So, you tried it out for an hour. Here comes the ultimate question: Did you get the feeling that you were able to open up with your coach in this particular online environment? Did you even feel freer than usual and more relaxed because the technical solution fits right into your life-style? Go for it! If not, maybe it is really not for you!
- One last reality check: Do you feel this is the setting in which you can discuss all future topics? Whether it is strategy, change leadership or more personal issues such as work-life balance, you should be able to envision this scenario working well across all topics.
Once you have tried it out, you will be better able to decide whether you were initially reluctant because it was new or because it is really not the right choice for you. If you decide for online based coaching, choose your platform according to the topics you would like to discuss. Most online conferencing platforms allow you to view each other’s screens, chat, video and audio conference from the phone or via the computer. If it is right for you, you will be looking forward to every single coaching session.