Organization Design 2022
Creating Transformative Initiatives for Growth, Adaptability, & Well-Being
March 25 - April 29, 6 Fridays 12pm-3.30pm EST (incl. breaks)
Think Tank & Design Hub - 7 participants per cohort - Live Zoom conferences
The last two years have confronted businesses and people with a cycle of disruptive events. As we approach a new phase in the “return-to-work” process, many companies seek innovations for their people and operating systems. A fresh start in 2022 requires companies to creatively design new systems that can assure employee well-being, provide effective ways to meet unforeseen circumstances, and energize sustainable growth.
This series of live Zoom workshops provides the platform for Organizational Development leaders, HR and Innovation Executives to ideate and design creative, launch-ready systems to improve tangible outcomes in 2022. The 6 x 3-hr sessions give an overview of adaptability principles and offer perspectives on how to apply these principles to the specific challenges and opportunities companies currently have. Each session provides ample opportunity for participants to apply learning outcomes to their own initiatives and goals and ideate new ways of moving forward. Design and ideation principles will focus on sparking growth, adaptability, and well-being across the organization and its members.
The objectives of this curated interactive workshop are:
- Review/introduce key principles of adaptive, growth- & energy-oriented organizations.
- Offer perspectives for applying these innovative principles to address current, pressing challenges in 2022.
- Envision and flesh out bigger and more creative solutions through the power of group brainstorming and interactive dynamics.
- Find tailored solutions that transform pain points and optimize opportunities.
- Provide feedback and guidance on participants' initiatives/organizational designs.
- Connect to other executives in the same situation and recharge batteries.
- Spark inspiration for the next steps.
Who should attend? C-Level Executives, VP-, and Director-level HR/People leaders, OD & Innovation/Transformation Executives who are committed to designing new initiatives and operating systems.
Methods: The workshop builds on a Think Tank and Creative Design Model. Each session will offer an overview of guiding principles presented through mini-lectures, examples, and hands-on experiential exercises. About half of each session will focus on co-creating and discussing new ideas and applying these ideas to participants' unique challenges and initiatives.
Participants will leave this workshop with a tailored and launch-ready design initiative that will help their company and people adapt, find new energy, meet disruptive challenges and thrive. Additionally, they will be able to network with other leaders and experts as sources of future feedback, innovation, and problem-solving.
Overall Design: About half of each session will go into ideating, designing, and refining initiatives to fit your own organization’s unique challenges and goals.Session 1: The Adaptive, Growth- & Energy-Oriented Organization
March 25, 12-3.30 pm EST (incl. breaks)
- 5 + 1 principles for tackling burning design issues in 2022.
- Designing with innovation-oriented well-being & energy in mind.
- Applying the 5 + 1 principles to your initiatives and goals.
- Ideating and designing your own initiative – Step 1.
April 1, 12-3.30 pm EST (incl. breaks)
- Types of data collection/use; understanding their value and impact.
- Learning from examples, both positive and negative.
- Utilizing data for collaboration, energy, focus, and transformation.
- Ideating and designing your own solutions – Step 2.
Session 3: Innovation Lessons & Organization/Initiative Design
April 8, 12-3.30 pm EST (incl. breaks)
- 3 crucial innovation lessons (John Reaves)
- Experiential exercise (facilitated by John Reaves).
- Applying key innovation lessons to your initiative or organization design.
- Ideating and designing your own initiative – Step 3.
April 15, 12-3.30 pm EST (incl. breaks)
- Understanding the role of neuroplasticity & cognitive agility in adaptive, growth- and energy-oriented organizations.
- Avoiding pitfalls in the design process.
- Building and incorporating neuroplasticity and agility into your initiative design.
- Honing and refining your own initiative – Step 4.
Session 5: Network-Based Design Contra Innovation Blockers
April 22, 12-3.30 pm EST (incl. breaks)
- Examples of network-based collaboration in transformation efforts (Dr. Sergej van Middendorp).
- Utilizing networks to uncover and transform innovation blockers.
- Incorporating network-based experiences into your initiative.
- Further refinements to your own design – Step 5.
April 29, 12-3.30 pm EST (incl. breaks)
- Present your innovative initiative design.
- Receive feedback from your cohort peers and our experts.
- Reflect on the feedback and benefit from other design ideas.
- Final refinements to your own takeaway designs - Step 6.
Flexible scheduling within 2 weeks after the end of the workshop
- Refine your initiative to incorporate your own organization's feedback: a dedicated 1:1 work session with Dr. Jacobi.
- Receive certification and credits upon successful completion.