Adaptive Organization Design is one of the most transformational levers for creating a nimble, effective, and innovative organization. It does not only increase adaptability and engagement. It also presents a unique opportunity to reinvent Who You Are.
While adaptive organization designs come in many shapes and sizes, typically they are team-based. Employees flexibly group together based on their skills, expertise, or specific projects. The connection-centric structure promotes a seamless information flow and effective, shared decision-making, which enable teams to respond quickly to changes and challenges. Adaptive organization designs are unique and can be branded to invigorate your unique culture. Interested? Let’s discuss what a modern organization design can do for you.
Do you have what it takes to spark effective collaboration and engagement in a rapidly changing environment? Rate yourself in the following categories (click on +).
Leadership in a hybrid or remote setting requires a new set of skills. Are your leaders ready? On a scale from 1-5 (1 lowest, 5 highest), how would you rate yourself in the following categories?
1. Trust, Collaboration, Information Flow: Our leaders are trusted by their peers and teams. They spark dynamic collaboration and guarantee a seamless information flow __/5
2. Collaboration and Adaptability: Our leadership team collaborates effectively and has proven that it can foresee and adequately respond to unforeseen circumstances. __/5
3. Adaptive Strategy: We have a strategy with achievable milestones, which can be adapted to various scenario forecasts. __/5
Your "Strategy & Leadership" Score: __/15
Flexible work solutions rely on seamless processes. Failure to create nimble operations that support and enable your people to flexibly collaborate costs money, resources, and energy. On a scale from 1-5 (1 lowest, 5 highest), how would you rate yourself in the following categories?
1. Reactivity versus Adaptability: Our operations and work models are flexible. There is no need to go back and forth on policies. Our system is set up to naturally and flexibly adapt to ever-changing demands. __/5
2. Support and Hybrid Collaboration: Our operations, people systems, and technology our people to work flexibly and drive solutions from anywhere. __/5
3. Engagement, Diversity, Belonging: Our systems empower our diverse talent pool. Our excellent engagement and belonging rates exemplify that. __/5
Your "Operations & Organization Design" Score: __/15
Teams are at the heart of a dynamic, flexible, and adaptive organization. If your teams are set up for nimble cross-collaboration, your company will be able to react faster irrespective of the circumstances. On a scale from 1-5 (1 lowest, 5 highest), how would you rate yourself in the following categories?
1. People: We have the right people at the right place. Our talent pool is diverse and highly specialized. Their expertise is flexibly available across teams and projects. __/5
2. Team Process and Workflows: Our teams are supported by dynamic, motivating, and effective processes and workflows. Although we have a flexible work constellation, the roles are clearly defined. __/5
3. Collaboration and Information Flow: Our teams are engaged and work with each other toward a common goal. There are no bottlenecks. Everybody has access to the same information at all times. All voices matter and our team collaboration is embedded in shared, data-driven decision-making. __/5
Your "Collaboration & Engagement" Score: __/15
Dynamic, growth- and people-centric organizations consistently seek to integrate new hires or acquired organizations into their unique and vibrant culture. On a scale from 1-5 (1 lowest, 5 highest), how would you rate yourself in the following categories?
1. Cultural Vibrancy: We have a unique culture that exudes vibrancy and that makes the company a talent magnet. _/5
2. Cultural Integration: It is easy for us to integrate new hires or newly acquired organizations. We have such a great culture that people want to be part of it. __/5
3. Remote and Hybrid Culture: Our remote and hybrid employees feel an equal sense of belonging and are part of our culture as our onsite employees. __/5
Your "Cultural Vibrancy & Integration" Score: __/15
If you want to stay responsive and competitive in rapidly changing markets, your business model must be designed to consistently evolve and adapt. With a future-oriented business model, you can identify new opportunities, address emerging customer needs, and differentiate yourself from competitors. On a scale from 1-5 (1 lowest, 5 highest), how would you rate yourself in the following categories?
1. Future-Fitness: We consistently evolve and adapt our business model. We seek to anticipate market shifts and strategically adapt accordingly. Our business model allows for this to be a natural and steady process. _/5
2. Revenue Stream & Growth: Our business model helps us explore new revenue streams and expand into new markets without losing our identity. __/5
3. Brand Identity & Scalability: Our business model is designed to drive our brand. It builds on nimble scalability driving growth in a natural and systematic way. __/5
Your "Business Model" Score: __/15
The last years have brought about significant changes in the way we work, with remote and hybrid work becoming more prevalent. While effective team collaboration is now more important than ever, many teams have taken a hit. Our team effectiveness and engagement sprints are designed to lead your teams through short cycles of collaborative work to collectively redefine the way they work with each other. After the initial briefing and assessment, we design a unique sprint experience that leads your team through five steps to (1) discover (2) envision (3) design, (4) develop, and (5) refine their new operating models and collaboration forms. The process has a proven track record and brings about measurable results. You will be amazed at what a difference a sprint can make.
Creating a more adaptive, effective, and engaged organization, doesn't have to be disruptive. On the contrary, it can be an opportunity to engage and develop your people to create optimal solutions for you.
We engage your people in assessing your organization and take the data to develop a uniquely adaptive strategy.
Step by step, we transform your org design and operations while improving intra-team connections and culture.
We work with your teams to spark outstanding collaboration, deep effectiveness, and a seamless information flow.
SVP International HR
Director of Growth
Foote, Cone & Belding (FCB)
SVP, Talent Development & Organization Design
The American Ceramics Society
GABO:mi Process Consulting